Monday, December 13, 2010

Winter Wishes

My card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge is perfect for the chilly weather that's settled in today. I used the inspiration sketch to create a winter themed card in shades of blue and white with a little sparkle thrown in, too.

I used the mittens from Verve's Winter Mittens set for my focal image. The mittens are paper pieced with some houndstooth paper from a DCWV matstack. A little blue tinsel glitter is glued to the cuffs for a glittery touch--love this stuff! I used foam tape to attach the mittens to a Marina Mist panel with the "winter wishes" sentiment stamped on it in the same color ink.

I used the same houndstooth paper for the panel that covers most of the cardfront. That panel and the image panel are both matted with white. The inspiration sketch had an element extending from the top of the circle panel. For my card, I chose to use some baker's twine to connect the two mittens, tied in a bow at the top. It's secured to the cardfront with a scrunched up glue dot. From start to finish, this one took just about 20 minutes, with tying the bow in the baker's twine the part that took the longest--LOL!

Materials Used:
Winter Mittens stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Marina Mist Classic ink, Marina Mist cardstock (Stampin' Up!); The Winter Combo matstack (DCWV); circle dies (Spellbinders); Enchanted Evening baker's twine (Papertrey Ink); blue tinsel glitter (Martha Stewart); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips