Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Warm My Heart

Here's my card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I used the Like You a Latte set from The Cat's Pajamas--I just love these sweet images!

I colored the little boy with Copic markers to match the colors in the papers from Echo Park's Merry Christmas Collection Kit that I used for the panels on the card. I used two different patterns--a dotted green one that's set directly on the kraft base and a colorful patterned one that forms the panel that runs across the cardfront. I added a mat with a decorative edge under the panel across the cardfront and tied a piece of brown twill around the panel, too. Twill always works great on cards with more masculine (or boyish) images. The set's "you warm my heart" sentiment is stamped along the bottom edge of the dotted panel. It's kind of lost in the pattern, but I promise it's there.
Materials Used:
Like You a Latte stamp set, Apron Border CutUps die (The Cat's Pajamas); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Crumb Cake and Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Fine Linen cardstock, Dark Chocolate twill (Papertrey Ink); Merry Christmas Collection Kit designer papers (Echo Park)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips