Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Warmest Winter Wishes

Lynn is hosting this week’s Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge and I hoped I'd get to try it out before the end of the week--and I made it! Here’s my version of the sketch, flipped on its side, but otherwise, a pretty close interpretation of the sketch.

I used images from Papertrey Ink’s On Ice set for my girly winter card. I die cut two skate shapes from white cardstock then stamped the skate image on the die cut pieces. I highlighted the skates just a little with some very pale purple Copic markers to soften the white a little and colored the skate blades with a silver gel pen for a metallic shine, then set them aside to assemble the rest of the card.

I used a lavender card base with panels made from two patterns from Cosmo Cricket’s Mitten Weather mini deck. A strip of coordinating grosgrain ribbon, edged with a little cream lace, runs across the card. Once all that was in place, I added the skates to the mix, stringing them together with some baker's twine. The sentiment is stamped on the plaid paper, nestled next to the skates. I attached a coordinating button to the ribbon strip and laced it with baker's twine to bring in a little more of its fun texture.

If you get a chance to play along, be sure to add a link to your card using the Linky Tools widget found at the end of this post on the PCP blog. And, you can always add your card to the PCP gallery for everyone to admire.

Materials Used:
On Ice stamp set, Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon, and White cardstock, skate die, Plum Pudding grosgrain ribbon, Plum Pudding button (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Mitten Weather mini deck (Cosmo Cricket); silver gel pen (Pentel); lace (Wyla); baker's twine (The Twinery)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lori - this is so adorable. I love these skates and while I always wished I had the skill and grace to ice skate, I was a miserable failure at it.

    Thanks for playing along with the challenge. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips