Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You Fill My Life with Love

Here’s my card for today’s SCS sketch challenge. I kept things clean and simple with this one that uses a traditional Valentine's Day color scheme.

I used the bucket from the Buckets of Love set from There She Goes as my focal image. I filled the bucket with the set’s heart stamp and colored the image with Copic markers. The hearts are outlined with a red Spica pen for a little sparkle.

The cardfront is covered with some fun pink and white checked patterned paper. I machine stitched around the edges to break up the color just a bit. I layered the colored image on a solid panel so it wouldn’t have to compete with a pattern behind it. The "you fill my life with love” sentiment is stamped on a pale pink banner strip and set underneath the image using foam tape. I added some paper piercing underneath the banner to fill in the empty space without really adding to the card.

My power is flickering a bit from the heavy snow we're getting (it was a long, long 1 1/2 hour 10 mile drive home from work tonight!), so I'll call it quits here. I should have some Chloe the cutie puppy snow photos to share tomorrow if she cooperates. She wasn't a fan of the white stuff at first, but it seems that she's figured out what's going on and is starting to play in the snow just a little.

Materials Used:
Buckets of Love stamp set (There She Goes); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, Lipstick Spica pen (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red, Pink Pirouette, and Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Nectar designer paper (K & Company); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); double-ended banner die (Papertrey Ink); foam tape; sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. Stay in, stay warm! I finally got out last night.

    Cute card, love the image and thanks for coming and meeting me for dinner, had great fun! Was so full on the way home and then went right to bed.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips