Sunday, January 16, 2011

Be Mine

I was so excited to see that my fellow i {heart} papers DT member Tracy was picked to be today's SCS featured stamper. After strolling through her gallery for a while, I picked this card to work with.

I made a Valentine's Day themed card based on Tracy's design. I used images from Unity's City of Love for my card, replacing the hot air balloon in the original card with the set's blimp image. I paper pieced the image on a scrap of Basic Grey's Basics Manila paper for a subtle pattern. The heart on the blimp is shaded with a red Spica pen for a little sparkle.

I used a dotted pattern from My Mind's Eye's Alphabet Soup Collection kit for the background. A red scallop edged strip runs down the cardfront, just a little off-center. I stretched a strip of red striped fabric tape along the straight edge of the strip--love the texture this adds! The "be mine" sentiment is stamped in red on a kraft scrap. Its edge is slipped underneath the fabric tape strip. A red button, tied with red baker's twine, accents the panel.

The blimp looked a little lonely floating in the dotted blue sky, so I added a pair of felt clouds. It took a while to settle on the placement and I'm still not so sure about it, but I went ahead and added the blimp with some dimensional dots and called it finished.

Materials Used:

other: Riding Hood Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); scallop edge and cloud dies, Pure Poppy button (Papertrey Ink); white felt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips