Saturday, January 29, 2011

Love You To the Moon and Back

I'm so glad it's finally the weekend! Even with a snow day mixed in, it was a long week. I'm looking forward to relaxing with Chloe the cutie puppy for a couple of days.

To start the weekend off, I made this simple, sweet card for this week's Our Craft Lounge challenge. I used the sketch to make a square card with a sentiment as the focus.

I used one of the images from the new Notes of Love set for my focal image. I colored the moon with Copic markers and added some clear crystals as accents around it. The moon is coated with Glossy Accents for a shiny look and some dimension. It looks great IRL!

The rest of the card is very simple. I attached a panel of patterned paper from Echo Park's Sweet Summertime Collection Kit to the right side of a solid red panel. The image is layered on a big scalloped circle cut from kraft cardstock, then attached to the cardfront overlapping the patterned paper. I knotted a red checked ribbon around the cardfront. It's cream and red shades works nicely with the card's kraft and red color scheme. I layered the panel on a kraft card base and added a trio of crystals to the patterned paper panel for more sparkle and to balance out the design.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Notes of Love stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (Y00, Y21, Y23, YR31), Zva Creative clear crystals, Ranger Glossy Accents, Spellbinders circle and big scalloped circle dies, Echo Park Sweet Summertime Collection Kit, May Arts ivory/red checked ribbon

other: Riding Hood Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

3 comments:

  1. Well it looks great on the computer screen too Lori! Love it & look at all those IHP products you used too! BONUS!!! Thanks for playing along on the IHP challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips