Saturday, January 15, 2011

Warm Winter Wishes

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch. I had a hard time with this one and I'm not sure I'm thrilled with how it turned out . . .

I used the cute Frosty Fun set for my card. I colored the skating girl with Copic markers and cut the colored image out. She's set on a simple scene made from a blue panel with a shimmery white strip along the bottom. For a slick, icy look, I covered the shimmery white piece with some acetate--it looks really glossy IRL.

I used two patterned papers from a DCWV matstack on the card--a plaid one that covers most of the cardfront and a dotted kraft one behind the image panel. I added a curved pink embossed panel along the right side of the card, then machine stitched around the edges of the card and along the curved edge of the pink panel, too. A scrap of pink ribbon runs down the front of the card under the image panel. I stamped one of the set's sentiments in blue ink on a white sentiment flag and secured it in place, slipping it underneath the image panel to anchor it.

Materials Used:
Frosty Fun stamp set (My Favorite Things); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (X-Press); markers (Copic); Marina Mist Classic ink, Marina Mist, Pink Pirouette, and Shimmery White cardstock, Pink Pirouette grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); The Holiday Collection matstack (DCWV); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); clear crystals (Studio 18); sewing machine; foam tape; acetate

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I LOVE this! It looks almost like you're peering out a door at a cute girl skating outside! Such great colors and coloring!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips