Saturday, January 8, 2011

With All My Heart

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I went for a Valentine’s Day theme with the sweet Pure Innocence cutie holding a heart as my focal image.

The image is colored with Copic markers. I added a little Stickles sparkle to the barrette in her hair, too. I matted the image on a rose oval then set it aside to build the rest of the card.

I had some paper from SU!’s Pink Flamingo pack sitting out from my Color Throwdown card earlier in the week and the colors in one of its dotted paper patterns looked perfect for a Valentine’s Day card, so I used that to cover most of the cardfront. I embossed small strips of red cardstock with a dot pattern for the small panels that run along the bottom of the card. The dotted texture added just enough interest to the panels. One of the set’s sentiments is stamped on a scrap of rose ribbon and attached over the panels using foam tape. I placed a red scallop edged strip to place along the top of the card, then attached my colored cutie to the card to complete it.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Love You with All My Heart stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (X-Press); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Regal Rose and Real Red cardstock, Pink Flamingo designer series paper, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); oval dies (Spellbinders); medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Lori, this turned out great! You rocked the sketch, and your little PI girl is adorable! GREAT coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! Your coloring is FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card, Lori and those dotted panels at the bottom are a really good idea.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips