Saturday, January 8, 2011

You Light Up My Life

I was so excited to see a lava lamp themed set as part of Our Craft Lounge's Valentine's Day release. I've had a fascination with all things lava lamp since I was a little girl. I used to love to sit and watch the lit up lamp my parents had in our house. Today, I have one in my own house, displayed in the living room, that my sister bought me for my birthday years ago. Now that I think about it, it's been years since I actually turned it on. Anyway, I knew I needed to add the set to my collection and as soon as it arrived, I made this quick card using the red, black, and kraft combination from this week's OCL challenge and this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge.

I stamped the lamp on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers, then carefully cut it out. It's attached to a kraft panel with dimensional dots. The set's "you light up my life" sentiment is stamped alongside it. The kraft panel is edged with black strips. I paper pierced the edges of each strip and wrapped a red twill ribbon around the bottom one to help ground the lamp. The panel is attached to a piece of striped paper from Echo Park's Little Boy Collection Kit. I layered the pieces on a red card base, then went back and coated the lava lamp with a little Glossy Accents for a glassy look. I've learned from experience to save that part for last . . .

Materials Used:

other: Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

6 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Lori! I love the light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is s cute! LOVE that lava lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Love the striped paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely ADORABLE Lori! I LAVA it! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Love the use of the lava lamp and the paper you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PERFECT Lori! I LOVE this set and this card! Thanks so much for playing along on the OCL Color Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips