Saturday, January 22, 2011

You're Growing On Me

It's a super cold Saturday, perfect for staying home and stamping (and I think tomorrow's going to be more of the same!). I turned to this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge and some new goodies for this sweet card. Lynn's our hostess this week and I made a few small changes to her sketch, but I think I'm still close enough to count!

I used the Fun Fungi II set from Clear and Simple Stamps along with CSS's newest product line, Simple Cuts--metal dies that coordinate with CSS stamps . The Fun Fungi set includes seven dies that match images in the Fun Fungi sets. I cut one of the mushroom pair images using cream cardstock then stamped the coordinating image in brown ink. The image is colored with Copic markers--I used warm greys with a touch of pink for the 'shrooms. Once they were colored up, I used foam tape to attach them to a pink mat, then set them aside to assemble the rest of the card.

Instead of a half circle for the panel at the left edge of the card, I used a piece of paper doily instead. At the center, I attached an embossed piece of CSS's new Coral Necklace cardstock. Love this vibrant color! The decorated doily is attached to the kraft card base, overlapping the dotted patterned paper that runs across the card. I know the sketch showed the half-circle panel slid underneath, but I didn't want to hide the pretty doily! I attached the image panel over the doily. The "you're growing on me" sentiment from Fun Fungi is stamped in brown ink on a pink strip with a notched edge. I slipped its left edge underneath the image panel and let the end extend just a bit over the card's edge.

Be sure to check out all of the details about this week's sketch challenge here. PCP has a great sponsor this week (with a prize!), so you don't want to miss out!

Materials Used:
Fun Fungi and Fun Fungi II stamp sets, Dish All the Dirt Brown ink, Coral Necklace, I'm a Princess Pink, Brown Leather Satchel, On the Catwalk Cream, and Kraft Like a Rockstar cardstock, Copic markers, Fun Fungi dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); Sweet Nectar designer paper (K & Company); circle die (Spellbinders); embossing folder (Sizzix); scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); paper doily (Wilton); Rouge Liquid Pearls (Ranger); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I love the doily on this, so cute!!! Can't wait to get my hands on those dies. Hope the weather cooperates with us for Tuesday night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable Lori. The colors along with that great doily is perfect. Thanks so much for playing along and for supporting the sketch challenges week after week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips