Wednesday, March 23, 2011

You Rule

Given my teacher background, I couldn’t resist this new school teacher image from the à la modes line from My Favorite Things. I inked her up for my take on this week’s SCS sketch challenge.

I colored the teacher image using Copic markers. The set's "you rule" sentiment is stamped along the side of the image panel in black ink and accented with a single silver brad.

I used patterned papers from October Afternoon collections for the panels on the cardfront. A lined paper with script text is underneath the image panel, but mostly covered up. I went with my go-to dots and stripes combo for the rest of the panels. Some machine stitching around the edges finished off the design.

Materials Used:
à la modes You Rule set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Not Quite Navy and Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Seaside and Report Card paper pads (October Afternoon); silver brad (Joann); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips