Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bee-Ing You

Today was a dreary day and I got some bad news about a colleague at work, so I definitely needed to make a bright, cheerful card to lift my mood. I combined today's SCS sketch challenge with the colors from this week's Color Throwdown and a new set from My Favorite Things for a fun thank you card.

I colored the bee-girl image with Copic markers and cut her out. Her wings and antennae ends are covered with Dazzling Diamonds for a pretty shimmer. I set her on a Baja Breeze panel using foam tape and stamped one of the set's sentiments underneath her feet.

I love to combine stripes and dots, so I used that combination here. The dots are from a light blue paper from Echo Park's Springtime collection. I ran a strip of Daffodil Delight cardstock, edged with kraft strips, diagonally across the center of the dotted panel. Things like this are always a challenge for me to get cut just right, but I think I did okay here. Once that was in place, I added the image panel, matted on kraft, and embellished with a button/ribbon tab combo to balance the panel out. The card made a nice bright spot in my otherwise dreary day (you can see how dreary it is from the bad photo--LOL!). I'll be back in the morning with a Paper Crafts magazine reject . . .

Materials Used:
Just Bee Yourself stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, and Crumb Cake cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds, Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Springtime Collection Kit (Echo Park); Lemon Tart button (Papertrey Ink); baker's twine (Timeless Twine); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Lori this is so cute! I bought this stamp but have yet to ink her up. Great inspiration to do just that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! You did a great job cutting that diagonal piece. That scares me!! Sorry about your dreary day.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips