Friday, March 4, 2011

Blogger Challenge: Week 193

This week’s blogger challenge is a color challenge featuring peach, white, and green. My initial thoughts were that this combination would be a tough one. But, a package full of new goodies from i {heart} papers arrived in my mailbox yesterday and inspiration struck!

I used the pair of pears from the My Silly Valentine set from Lawn Fawn, a line brand new to IHP, for my focal image. The fun image and sentiment combos in this set work great year-round, not just for Valentine's Day! The pears are colored with Copic markers and cut out. I set them on a pair of layered circles using dimensional dots.

To set the pears off from the pear-colored card base, I attached a panel of peach patterned paper (ignore the kind of pinkish hearts on it!), machine-stitched along one side, then put the pears in place. The coordinating sentiment is stamped on a peach cardstock banner die cut. It's set on the cardfront just underneath the pears to ground them on the circle. I added a fun striped twill piece at the top of the panel for some texture.

For more ideas using these colors, check out the links below. And, if you join in the challenge, feel free to add your link to the list.


Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn My Silly Valentine stamp set, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (YG0000, YG01, YG03, YG05, YR61), Spellbinders circle dies, Zva Creative dimensional dots, Echo Park Little Girl Collection Kit, May Arts celery green twill

other: Pear Pizazz cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Fresh Mango cardstock (Gina K Designs); double-ended banner die (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine

16 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love the texture of your ribbon and how it accents the focal image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card. Love how you used the colors. The bow made a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! What a beautiful card. The pear stamp is lovely and it has the perfect background setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Fun images for this weeks challenge, love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! This one makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! This is so not my choice of colors, but you made them look great!! I'll have to see if I make this challenge....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card- such a fun sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite adorable, Lori! Nice CAS design! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this layout! Such a simple, but sweet card....and perfect in our color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pear-fectly sweet, luv the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always, I love the CAS design, but these pears are darling. What a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips