Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sending You Bear Hugs

Here’s my card for this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge to use scallops. I used the Moonlight Whispers Goldilocks image that I’ve had for a while, but never used. I think her hair intimidated me!

Since it was the hair that I found most complicated here, I started with coloring that. I think it came out okay. Once I was satisfied with that, I finished the rest of the image then cut it out. It’s set on a background panel made from a piece of patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket’s Togetherness line, machine stitched to a dark brown mat.

For the scallop part of the challenge, I cut a scalloped strip from a piece of dark brown paper. I attached a piece of red grosgrain ribbon to the top of the scalloped strip and stamped the set’s “sending you bear hugs” sentiment directly on the ribbon. It’s set on the card so that one end is hidden underneath the image and the other end stretches to the end of the card. I added a pair of silver brads to anchor it. The final touch (and I mean final so I would minimize the chance of smudging, smearing or smooshing) was dots of Liquid Pearls on Goldie’s dress. The dots add a nice bit of dimension and coordinate with the pattern on the paper, too.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Goldilocks stamp set (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Togetherness designer paper (Cosmo Cricket); medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); silver brads (Joann); Rouge Liquid Pearls (Ranger); foam tape; sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips