Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just Roll with It

I ordered some of the new releases from Paper Smooches and couldn’t wait to try them out. I came up with this fun interactive card featuring one of the scooters from the Spiffy Scooters set.

I started by coloring the scooter in bold shades of pink using Copic markers. After coloring in the tires and lights, too, I cut the image out and set it aside to build the scene.

I embossed a blue panel with a dotted pattern for the background. For the road for the scooter, I used my word window punch to make a channel in a strip of gray cardstock. Along the top of the strip, I added two strips of green cardstock, punched with a grass border punch. Once I had the basics in place, I added the scooter to the scene. I placed a dimensional dot on the back of each wheel, then set the dots inside the channel I made in the gray cardstock. I removed the covering from the back of the dots and attached pennies to the backs. This holds the scooter image in place on the track while allowing it to slide up and down the road. A few more dimensional dots at the edges of the panel hold it in place on the scene. I made sure to put a piece of gray cardstock underneath the channel opening to make it blend in to the scene.

Once the scooter was in place, I added a few more elements to complete the scene. A die cut felt sun with a bright orange button at the center sits in the sky. I stamped one of the set’s cloud images on a scrap of white cardstock and spritzed it with some shimmer spray. After the spray dried, I added the “just roll with it” sentiment in bright pink ink. A little Yellow Stickles on the scooter’s lights finishes things off. Ready to roll!

Materials Used:
Spiffy Scooters stamp set (Paper Smooches); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Sparkle Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Melon Mambo, and Basic Gray cardstock, word window punch (Stampin’ Up!); grass punch (Martha Stewart); sun die (My Favorite Things); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); Harvest Gold felt, Orange Zest button (Papertrey Ink); baker’s twine (The Twinery); Yellow Stickles (Ranger); dimensional dots (Zva Creative)

1 comment:

  1. So stinkn' adorable! Love all the color and your coloring, simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips