Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stylish Gift Card Challenge

This month’s Clear and Simple Stamps group challenge is to create a gift card. I made a regular A2 card with a little pocket on the front to hold a gift card. This gives the gift giver plenty of room inside the card to write a message to the recipient.

My card is made from a piece of CSS’s Coral Necklace cardstock. My little gift card pocket is attached to the piece of patterned paper that covers most of the cardfront. It’s a simple piece of cardstock, scored around three edges. I folded back the scored parts and used adhesive strips to attach the pocket to the cardfront, leaving the top open for slipping the gift card inside.

The pocket is dressed up with a crystal flourish. I stamped the shoe image from the Just My Style set in watermark ink on a scrap of white cardstock and added black embossing powder. When heated, the powder melts to give the shoe a fun, shiny look. I trimmed around it and attached a clear crystal, snipped from the end of the crystal flourish, to the shoe before attaching it to the pocket with foam tape. I tied a piece of I’m a Princess Pink satin ribbon around the patterned paper panel and the pocket, just underneath the swirl/shoe combo, before attaching it to the card base. The set’s “celebrate in style” sentiment is stamped in black just below the pocket.

Be sure to check out the gift card holders designed by the rest of the CSS team. Here’s where to find them:
Cristina Kowalczyk
Dana Grothaus
Kim Howard
Ryann Salamon
Viola Mahr
Tiffany Johnson
Simone Pursiful
CSS Blog

Materials Used:
Just My Style stamp set, Coral Necklace and A Blanc Check cardstock, I'm a Princess Pink satin ribbon, ScorTape (Clear and Simple Stamps); Little Girl designer paper (Echo Park); Versamark watermark ink (Tsukineko); black embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); crystal flourish (Colorbok)

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Lori. Love the bling on the shoe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute, love the colors of it and the pocket on the front of the card. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, I especially like the pocket you created. Thanks for the instructions on how you made it. Those rhinestones are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips