Tuesday, March 15, 2011

IHP DT Challenge: What's New?

For this month’s i {heart} papers design team challenge, we’re highlighting some of the newest products to arrive at IHP. Winter CHA products are starting to arrive and the store’s overflowing with lots of new goodies to choose from, including stamps, papers, markers, and embellishments.

I went clean and simple on my project to really show off the pretty image from the Elegant Birds set from My Cute Stamps, one of the stamp lines that’s new to IHP. I stamped the birdcage in London Fog ink, then added the bird. I colored the bird with Copic markers and highlighted around the cage, too, in a very pale blue-green marker. I dotted the cage with some Liquid Pearls for a little dimension and shine.

The image panel is set on a large patterned paper panel from the Hazel paper pad, one of the pretty new My Mind’s Eye Stella and Rose lines. Love these scaled-down patterns for card making! I rounded one of the panel’s corners and did some faux stitching along the edges to add interest. To anchor the cage, I used a piece of gray baker’s twine (not a brand new IHP product, but a relatively new one!), threaded through the top of the cage and extending to the top of the card. A matching bow decorates the twine at the card’s top. For a little sparkle, I attached a clear crystal at the top of the cage. The sentiment is stamped on an aqua panel in the same gray ink I used for the image. All the pieces are arranged on a coordinating blue cardfront for an almost monochromatic look.

Don’t miss what the rest of the IHP team has come up with using the latest and greatest. It’s sure to inspire you—and make you want to shop! Here’s where to find them:
Carolyn
Deb
Gretchen
Kendra
Loretta
Lori (you're here!)
Lynn
Megan
Tracy
Kate

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: My Cute Stamps Elegant Birds stamp set, Tsukineko Memento London Fog ink, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (BG0000, BG000, BG10, BG11, BG13, BG15), Spellbinders circle die, Ranger Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls and Inkssentials white pen, My Mind’s Eye Stella and Rose Hazel 6 x 6 paper pad, Divine Twine Oyster Grey baker’s twine, Zva Creative clear crystal

other: Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); corner chomper

9 comments:

  1. Adorable, Lori. Love how your twine hangs the birdcage from your little eyelet. Great imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and sweet, Lori! I love the soft blues you used, the twine, and the single rhinestone! Fun layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is soooooooooo pretty! I love the clean and simple look with this pretty image. Great job Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love this little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, your card is lovely! I have a bird phobia, but this almost makes me think that new stamp set would be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I didn't think I needed that set but now that I see it in action. . .Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so soft and pretty Lori! I'm loving that set from MCS. I had to restrain myself from using it today. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I always forget that you can stamp in something other than black! Love the soft look of the grey.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips