Wednesday, April 20, 2011

For the Graduate

***Check out my post from earlier today for some big news!***

Here's my card for this week's SCS sketch challenge. I had a hard time figuring out what to do at first, but once I picked a graduation theme, it came together pretty quickly.

I used Papertrey Ink's For the Graduate Set for my card. I kept the card super simple with a black, white, and gold color scheme.

I added little pops of color by breaking up the white panel on the cardfdront with a black strip, edged with gold. The stars, die cut from shimmery gold paper, and a pair of gold brads add a little interest and shine. I stamped the set's graduation sentiment in black ink underneath the black band. I think the card would work great for just about any graduate--high school or college, male or female.

Materials Used:
For the Graduate stamp set, Seeing Stars die collection (Papertrey Ink); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Xerox); gold cardstock (Target); gold brads (Making Memories); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips