Saturday, April 16, 2011

Recipe for Love

Here’s my card for Verve’s April Get Your Diva On challenge. This month’s challenge was a recipe, determined by your initials. My ingredients were twine/buttons/brads, pink/turquoise/brown, and 4 layers or a circle card. I went clean and simple with just a little stamping on my card.

I used a layout I’ve been playing with a lot lately. It’s great for using up some of those smaller patterned paper scraps. Here, I set a pair of older SU! designer paper scraps on a turquoise panel. I machine stitched around the edges for a little contrast and added a pair of brown brads in the upper left corner before attaching the panel to a kraft card base. A brown scalloped strip is attached to the panel’s edge for a decorative touch.

I die cut a felt heart using Verve’s Jotted Heart die and layered that over the patterned papers. I stamped the “I love you” sentiment from the Love Notes set in turquoise on a white banner strip and attached that over the die cut heart, anchoring it with a button tied with baker’s twine. Finally, a recipe I can successfully complete!

Materials Used:

Love Notes stamp set and Jotted Heart die (Verve Stamps); Tempting Turquoise, Close to Cocoa, and Crumb Cake cardstock, Loves Me designer series paper (Stampin’ Up!); medium scallop and double-ended banner dies (Papertrey Ink); button (Clear and Simple Stamps); baker’s twine (Timeless Twine); brown brads (Making Memories); felt; sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips