Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rustic Birthday

I gave this week's Skipping Stones Design sketch a try, again using Pumpkin Seed Sentiments (my only SSD set!) for my card. This week, I went with an earthy color combination. I love the way it turned out!

I started with a kraft card base. Three solid cardstock strips--a melon shade, a rust shade, and a dark chocolate brown--are each stamped tone on tone with one of the set's patterned images and lined up across the card base. The middle rust panel doesn't look stamped, but I promise, it is!

I die cut a star from a piece of cork to use as an accent. I love using cork to add interest and texture to masculine cards! Once I attached the star, I added a rust button, tied with baker's twine, to it for another pop of color. The set's happy birthday sentiment is stamped in brown ink on a cream panel. A trio of metal stud embellishments run along the edge of the chocolate panel, completing the design.

Materials Used:
Pumpkin Seed Sentiments stamp set (Skipping Stones Design); Melon Berry, Terracotta Tile, and Dark Chocolate inks, Melon Berry, Terracotta Tile, Dark Chocolate, Kraft, and White cardstock, Seeing Stars die, Terracotta Tile button (Papertrey Ink); cork sheet (Creative Impressions); baker's twine (Martha Stewart); metal stud embellishments (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. Another fabulous creation!!! Thank you so much for playing along with Skipping Stones Design!! We would love it is you would "like" us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter. we randomly give away FREE SSD stamps and also have a weekly Featured Stamper on Facebook. We hope to see you next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us over at SSD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us over at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips