Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thanks Sew Much

I’ve been wanting to play with the spool image from the On the Mend set from Clear and Simple Stamps for a while now. The most recent Fall to Layout from the Clean and Simple Stamping blog was the perfect way to showcase this small image.

I stamped the cute little spool image 6 times in Dish All the Dirt Brown ink on scraps of kraft cardstock, then cut each spool out. There’s a coordinating die for the spool in the On the Mend Simple Cuts set, but mine hasn’t arrived yet . . . Once I finished cutting out the spools, I wrapped each one with a piece of embroidery floss so they look like they’re full of thread. I went monochromatic here, using shades of pinks and red. Each spool is set on a bright pink circle and the circles are arranged on a pale pink panel. The “thanks sew much” sentiment is stamped underneath in Paint the Town Pink ink. I set the panel on a matching pink card base to finish the card. Quick and cute!

Materials Used:
On the Mend stamp set, Dish All the Dirt Brown and Paint the Town Pink inks, Kraft Like a Rockstar, I’m a Princess Pink, and Paint the Town Pink cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); circle punch (EK Success); embroidery floss

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips