Saturday, May 7, 2011

Celebrate National Scrapbooking Day with Our Craft Lounge

Happy Saturday—and National Scrapbooking Day! Our Craft Lounge is hosting a blog hop to celebrate this event and even though I don't really consider myself to be a scrapbooker, I’m joining in on the fun. Be sure to read all the way through my post to find out how you can play along--and enter to win a great prize, too.

Here’s the page I created using the Bookworm set. I kept it clean and simple, using a photo taken when I was just 5 months old. The photo shows me and my dad both “studying” from his law school text books. I thought the set’s “bookworm” stamp was a perfect match for the photo!

I started with an 8 x 8 kraft base. After machine stitching around the cardstock’s edges, I set a blue scalloped strip across the page and topped it with a piece of red and blue checked fabric tape. I machine stitched across the tape, too, then added a baker’s twine tied button as an accent. The photo (which is actually a scan and slight enlargement of the original snapshot) is matted on a red panel, then set at the top of the fabric tape strip. I stamped the sentiment alongside the photo and colored in parts of it with Copic markers.

The handwritten journaling, underneath the scalloped strip, reads: Studying a law textbook alongside my dad at 5 months--the indisputable proof that I've always been a bookworm!

Be sure to stop by and check out the rest of the OCL designers participating in today's hop. Here's where to find them:
Heather McNally
Kendra Wietstock
Amber Hillman
Latrice Murphy
Mandy Sarver
Deb Felts
Pam Hooten
Lori Tecler --you're here
Debbie Seyer

We'd love to have you play along with us. All you have to do is create a scrapbook page (any size or shape) OR a card/project that features a photo AND uses OCL stamps. Link up your blog or public gallery post to the special NSD blog hop post on the OCL blog. If you leave your link, our Design Team will vote to select ONE WINNER from all the entries & the winner will receive a fabulous OCL stamp set.

In addition, everyone who leaves a comment on the OCL Blog will be entered into a random drawing where we will select ONE MORE WINNER who will also receive a stamp set. All comments and links provided must be posted before midnight (PT) on Sunday, May 8th to be eligible to WIN! Winners will be posted on Monday, May 9th on the OCL Blog. Happy scrapping!

Materials Used:
Bookworm stamp set (Our Craft Lounge); Memento Rich Cocoa ink, Memento Rich Cocoa marker (Tsukineko); markers (Copic-R24, E25, E31, YG95); Night of Navy, Riding Hood Red, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); large scallop die (Papertrey Ink); red and blue checked fabric tape (e2daily); Cherry Red baker’s twine (Divine Twine); button (Michaels); sewing machine

11 comments:

  1. omg! That picture is too great!! I love it and the bookworm set goes perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMW ~ I love how you used the bookworm image as your title! It is perfect. Great page Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply WONDERFUL! Love every single part of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, the page is darling & the picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute. Both the layout and the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMgoodness, that's YOU! How fun! Perfect and precious, Lori! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a cute picture and the perfect stamp image to capture the story. What a cute page. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so far behind on my blog surfing, but just had to comment on this adorable layout. Such a great photo that your mom (I assume) caught of you two.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips