Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dream Big

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. As soon as I saw the sketch’s large circle panel, I knew it would be perfect for the new á la modes Dream Big set.

I stamped the á la mode on a circle panel and colored her with Copic markers. There was just enough room for the set’s “dream big” sentiment to be stamped in the open space next to the image. She’s cut out using a Spellbinders die and the out of the box technique so that her leg extends beyond the circle’s edge.

I used a combination of patterned papers from a DCWV matstack to cover the cardfront. A strip of red grosgrain ribbon divides the two patterns. The red panel underneath the image is embossed with a dotted pattern and layered on an orange mat to tie it in to the rest of the design. After layering on the image panel, I added a glittery gold star embellishment at the top and a trio of clear crystals near the bottom for a dreamy sparkle.

Materials Used:
á la modes Dream Big stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pumpkin Pie and Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up); Flower Shower matstack (DCWV); circle dies (Spellbinders); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); gold star embellishment (Recollections); clear crystals (Studio 18)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips