Monday, May 16, 2011

Celebrate Simply

I have time for just a quick post tonight. I'm leaving soon for an event honoring a colleague and Chloe the cutie puppy needs some of my undivided attention since she'll be left by herself for an extra-long time today . . . I guess it’s a good thing that my card for SCS’s clean and simple challenge came together so quickly!

This week's challenge was to be inspired by the word "gift." It's perfect timing since I just got the new shopping bag die cut from Taylored Expressions. I used the adorable little die cut bag as my card's focal point. I cut the bag from a fun dotted pattern and added cream twine handles to the bag and a little white tissue inside.

I embossed the green panel I used to cover most of the cardfront to match the bag's dotted pattern I ran a strip of pink cardstock across part of the embossed panel and tied a pink bow along the bottom. The "celebrate" sentiment from the Sentiment Sampler set from Paper Smooches is stamped just above the bow in matching pink ink. I added the bag next to it at an angle. Quick and cute all at the same time!

Materials Used:
Sentiment Sampler stamp set (Paper Smooches); Melon Mambo Classic ink, Melon Mambo and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Simply Chartreuse cardstock, twine (Papertrey Ink); Hustle designer paper (Hey Birdie collection, KaiserCraft); shopping bag die (Taylored Expressions); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Bow Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips