Friday, May 20, 2011

Friends with Flair: The Sweetest Day

Happy Friday! My card for today’s Friends with Flair is the perfect bright and cheerful, end of the work week card. I went super clean and simple here, using the strawberry from the Sweetest Day Itty Bitty and just a bit of patterned paper. It's the first time I've used this stamp, so it works for the latest All Things Unity challenge, and it's a fruity image, so it also fits this month's Unity challenge theme. Wow--all that in one single, simple card!

I colored the berry with Copic markers and dotted the seeds with a little Stardust Stickles for some sparkle and shine. I used kraft cardstock with curved corners for my card base. A piece of lime chevron patterned paper runs across the bottom of the card. I broke up the pattern with a strip of red faux suede ribbon dressed up with a red button, tied with matching baker’s twine.

The berry is set at an angle at the top of the patterned paper strip using dimensional dots to keep it in place. The coordinating sentiment is stamped at the opposite side of the card in white ink--a nice change from the black I'd usually use.

Be sure to stop by the Unity blog for the full list of this week’s Friends with Flair players.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. Sweetest Day Itty Bitty, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (R12, R22, R24, R27, YG0000, YG00, YG01, YG03, YG05, YG25), My Mind’s Eye Lime Twist-Life of the Party 6 x 6 paper pad, Ranger Stardust Stickles, May Arts red faux suede ribbon, Divine Twine Cherry Red baker’s twine, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Fresh Snow ink (Papertrey Ink); corner rounder

19 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable! I love the coloring of the strawberry! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet card Lori!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! Love this!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! Love those colors with kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all about fruit I love your starwberry! I have chochlate cover strawberries.. this week and they were yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this - strawberries are my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, your card is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the white stamping looks on the kraft background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great coloring on the strawberry. You should enter it in the Moxie Fab World chevron challenge w/ that great paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite simply, ADORABLE!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Fab design and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OHHH! I love that white on kraft! BEAUTIFUL! Love that ribbon too--great job! Thanks SOOOOO much for playing along with All Things Unity and joining in the fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This came out precious. And I'm so glad that you got to play with us this go round at All Things Unity!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful CAS card...love that berrry! thanks for playing along, Lori.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips