Sunday, May 1, 2011

Introducing A Guy Thing

It’s time to introduce the May Stamp of the Month from Clear & Simple Stamps. This month’s set is A Guy Thing—that’s right, a set full of images and sentiments perfect for all the guys in your life, both young and old, and everyone in between. And, to go with this set, CSS is adding twill to its embellishment lineup. I, for one, am thrilled about this addition because twill's one of my go-to embellishments for masculine cards. CSS's designer mix includes 1 yard of each of 6 different shades of twill for $7. Check it out here.

Here’s a simple Father’s Day card that features the new set. I knew I wanted to paper piece the set’s line image tie with some funky chevron patterned paper in shades of blues and greens, so I started with that.

After cutting it out, I used foam tape to attach the tie to a cream circle, then used a coordinating strip of dotted paper, dressed up with some square copper brads, and a fun zig zag border to accent the image. The pieces are set on an A Clean Slate card base. A button, tied with a little twine, sits at the edge of the image panel to add interest and texture. The “there is no tie” sentiment is stamped on the cardfront just above the patterned paper strip using brown ink.

The sentiment continues on the inside of the card, finishing with “you are the best dad.” I stamped it above a strip of the very same patterned paper/zig zag border combination I used on the cardfront for a nice, unified look.

I’ll have more samples featuring images from this set throughout the month. In the meantime, be sure to visit the rest of the CSS design team to see what they’ve created using the A Guy Thing stamp set. Here’s where to find them:

Cristina Kowalczyk
Dana Grothaus
Kim Howard
Viola Mahr
CSS Blog

Materials Used:
A Guy Thing stamp set, Dish All the Dirt Brown ink, Brown Leather Satchel, A Clean Slate, and On the Catwalk Cream cardstock, button (Clear and Simple Stamps); patterned paper (My Mind’s Eye); circle die (Spellbinders); inside pinking edge die (The Cat’s Pajamas); twine (Papertrey Ink); square copper brads (Making Memories); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. very cute, love the paper you used on the tie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Lori!! The simplicity paired with those colors is perfectly CAS! Love the stamp too, off to check them out and snag a set for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your CAS card! Great layout and color combo. I especially love that you decorated the inside as well.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips