Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lots of Good Vibes

***Scroll down to the post below to see the latest release from Clear and Simple Stamps.***

I was thrilled to see Susan's gallery featured for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I knew I'd find tons of inspiration there with her fabulous clean and simple style. I picked out this card to work with for the challenge.

I used images from the Hippie Chic set from Market Street Stamps for my version of the card. I love this fun set! I stamped the peace sign image three times in different bright colored inks, then arranged them on a white panel using foam tape. I stamped the set's "sending you good vibes" sentiment over the peace signs in gray ink, taking a cue from the notes in Susan's card description.

The white panel is layered on a bright pink cardfront, adding a layer to the original design. Even with the addition of the extra layer, the design is still clean and simple with lots of white space.

Materials Used:
Hippie Chic stamp set (Market Street Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Melon Mambo cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Memento Dandelion, Pear Tart, Rose Bud, and London Fog inks (Tsukineko); foam tape

While I had my Hippie Chic set out, I tried out the latest Market Street Stamps challenge. This one's a sketch with lots of possibilities. I paired the set's guitar image with the same sentiment for my card.

I stamped the guitar on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers, then cut it out. I added a little sparkle to it by attaching tiny clear crystals at the centers of the flowers that decorate the guitar. The guitar is layered on a panel embossed with a dotted pattern. I used foam tape for some dimension.

I found some music patterned paper from the Sassafras Lass Indie Girl collection to use for the cardfront. A strip of stitched blue-green grosgrain runs across the cardfront with a piece of scallop edged gold cardstock slipped beneath it. I stamped the "good vibes" sentiment directly on the ribbon. The olive baker's twine tied around the cardfront was a last minute decision--glad I added it on!

And while I'm talking about Market Street Stamps, check out this post. I'm thrilled to be part of their Cream of the Crop for the month of April for this card.

Materials Used:

Hippie Chic stamp set (Market Street Stamps); white cardstock, clear Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Harvest Gold and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, medium scallop edge die (Papertrey Ink); Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Indie Girl 6 x 6 paper pad (Sassafras Lass); blue-green double stitched grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); olive baker's twine (Timeless Twine); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Your cards are amazing Lori! Thanks for playing along with the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. I especially love the guitar one! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your Cream of the Crop win! We are totally enjoying your creations you post with your Market Street Stamps! Love the peace signs stamped in those colors and thanks for the heads up on that Sassafras DP - it goes BEAUTIFULLY with this set! Awesome work Lori, thanks for playing along in our sketch challenge! :) Angelica

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips