Monday, June 27, 2011

5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Here’s my card for today’s SCS clean and simple challenge to use black, white, and red. I combined the challenge with this week’s Waltzingmouse Stamps sketch for this simple card.

I used the rocket from Half Pint Heroes as my focal image. I stamped the image on white cardstock and used a combination of coloring with Copic markers and paper piecing with a glittery black cardstock to fill in the image. I added some interest to the image with a little Enamel Accents and some silver Smooch paint. A clear dome sticker sits over the rocket’s round window.

For two of the sketch’s three strips, I used some red felt ric rac pieces to be flames coming out of the rocket. For the final strip, I stamped the set's "5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . . 2. . . 1" sentiment on a strip of vellum with a notched edge, setting that above the ric rac directly on the card base. Blast off!

Materials Used:
Half Pint Heroes stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); black glitter paper (DCWV); white vellum (The Paper Company); black Enamel Accents (Ranger); clear dome sticker (Making Memories); red felt ric rac; foam tape

10 comments:

  1. Hi Lori! This card is SO cute!! Love the countdown and the trims effect. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is the sweetest, Lori! I love the rick rack, like jet fuel...and the addition of the countdown is so cute! Fits perfectly with both challenges, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I love this! I have this set but haven't used it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Lori! It makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fun! Love the trim use! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun design Lori! the rick rack is perfect as the fire from the rocket! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! I love the rick rack!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, great coloring and love all the white.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so cute! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being one of the Top 3 Mice this week! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips