Monday, June 6, 2011

CAS Chillaxin

Here's my card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge. This week's challenge was a great sketch. I flipped it over so I could use the half-circle panel as a sun in this simple summery scene.

I started by creating my sun from a pinking edged circle embossed with a dotted panel. It's coated with a little shimmer spray for a sparkly look. I attached it directly to a light blue card base. The grass strip came next, created with a grass border punch. I stamped the "chillaxin'" sentiment from the Chillaxin set from Market Street Stamps on the grass, then wrapped some green baker's twine around the strip before attaching it to the cardfront.

I decided the grass wouldn't be complete without a stray pair of flip flops sitting on it, so I stamped the set's flip flop image twice and colored it with Copic markers. I cut out one of the shoes and set it on the complete image with foam tape for a dimensional look. After attaching the pair to the cardfront, I added a little Stickles to them for a little more sparkle and shine. Clean and simple--and cool!

Materials Used:
Chillaxin stamp set (Market Street Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Sparkle Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Kiwi Kiss Classic ink, Kiwi Kiss, Daffodil Delight, and Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); pinking edge circle die (Spellbinders); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Pink Stickles (Ranger); baker's twine (Timeless Twine); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Love how you've turned the sketch into a summery scene, Fab card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you flipped the sketch and turn it into one happy sunny card! Everything is done with such precision and thoughts! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I went for the same feel to our design! Really cute and I am so glad you were able to play with us again this week at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you are good! Great take on my sketch!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Love the addition of the flip flops. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work in future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous take on the sketch! Perfect for summer and I have to tell you I got a giggle out of your "stray pair of flipflops" Yesterday we had several neighborhood kids over playing and I glanced out my back door and saw flip flops strewn across my back lawn. Apparently they are just as fun to throw as they are to wear ;) Anyway, great card and I'm glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips