Wednesday, June 8, 2011

You Rock

Just a quick post tonight to go along with a quick card. I combined today's SCS sketch challenge--a fabulous clean and simple design--with this week's Color Throwdown combo of Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz, and So Saffron for this design.

I built my card around some green star patterned paper from a Bo Bunny paper pad. I cut the paper into strips and matted it on So Saffron strips before attaching it to a Baja Breeze card base. The lower panel is wrapped with some baker's twine that's tied off with a matching green button. I stamped the "you rock" sentiment from the Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler set in Marina Mist to fit the space between the panels.

I got a bunch of different colored glittered self-adhesive chipboard stars on clearance a while ago and pulled a trio out to use as easy embellishments. After playing around with color combinations and arrangements, I finally settled on these gold stars. I just wish my photo showed off the glitter a little better!

Materials Used:
Sentiment Sampler stamp set (Paper Smooches); Marina Mist Classic ink, Baja Breeze and So Saffron cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Blast Off! 6 x 6 paper pad (BoBunny); olive baker's twine (Timeless Twine); gold self-adhesive glittered chipboard stars (Recollections); green button (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. Fun, playful card. Very cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute. The twine and button are a perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, Lori! Love your CAS design...so fresh :]

    Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips