Monday, June 20, 2011

Out of the Ordinary

I pulled out my Waltzingmouse stamps for two quick challenge cards. They're both non-standard sized cards, which was a fun step out of the normal box I work in.

First up is my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge to make a tall and thin card. I flipped the card over to make a long and still thin card using Half Pint Heroes. This time, I featured the cute car image. It's colored with Copic markers and cut out. Next time, I probably wouldn't go with yellow--it's sort of taxi-ish looking . . .

The car is set on a "road" that's simply a gray cardstock strip embossed with a dotted pattern to add interest. I attached a small felt cloud and a twine tied button for a sun in the upper left corner of the card, then stamped the coordinating sentiment next to the car in blue ink just slightly darker than the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Half Pint Heroes stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze Classic ink, Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Smokey Shadow cardstock, Lemon Tart button (Papertrey Ink); cloud die (Clear and Simple Stamps); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); yellow baker's twine (Divine Twine); Glossy Accents (Ranger); foam tape


Here's my second card, this time for this week's Waltzingmouse sketch challenge. This week, you could pick any past sketch and I picked the one from week 16 and made a simple, square monochromatic baby card.

I stamped the gingham background in light pink ink on white cardstock and used that to make the trio of strips on the cardfront. Each one was layered on a rose mat before being layered on the pink card.

I stamped the "welcome little one" sentiment from the L'il Buddies set in rose ink on a white strip and again matted the panel on a rose mat. After attaching it to the card, I added a pretty pink satin bow and a pair of pink buttons with white gel pen faux thread.

Materials Used:
Gingham & Co. and L'il Buddies stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Regal Rose and Pink Pirouette Classic inks, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); pink satin ribbon, pink buttons (Michaels); white gel pen (Ranger); Bow Easy

3 comments:

  1. Cute cards Lori! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards, Lori! You know that I love the gingham baby card ;) It's so elegant and sweet at the same time. And you always make such adorable cards with Halfpint Heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both super cards and show just how versatile these stamps are! The little guy is cute, but I really like the baby girl card - so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips