Tuesday, June 21, 2011

IHP DT Challenge: Sensational Summer

The theme for this month’s i {heart} papers design team challenge is “Sensational Summer.” Kate has a bunch of fabulous new summertime themed products in the store and each of us will be highlighting some of them. Even though new items (summer themed and otherwise) are still arriving in the store (new Unity, OCL and Echo Park, to name a few), CHA is only a few weeks away! Starting today, IHP is having a HUGE Pre-CHA Clearance sale to help make room for new things that will be purchased at the show. Some highlights of the big sale:
o All Unity $12 or less, including store kits and co-brands
o Unity Itty Bittys $3.25
o OCL (except the latest releases) are all $11 or less
o All open stock 12x12 only 25¢ per sheet
o FlowerSoft only $4.50!
o Stampavie only $6!
But there is much, much more so be sure to check out the sale page for all the details! And, as always, free US shipping with you $50 order!

Before you shop, check out my fun summertime project. I’m showing off Echo Park’s new Splash 6 x 6 paper pad on this fun little drink mix packet holder that fits over the top of a plastic water bottle. I made the base from a piece of blue cardstock (you can download the template I created here). After scoring the fold lines with my ScorBuddy and using a Spellbinders circle die to make the hole for the bottle top, I used i {stick} papers redline tape to assemble the box.

I cut a piece of wave patterned paper from the paper pad to cover most of the box’s front. After layering it on a yellow mat for contrast, I knotted a piece of yellow glimmer ribbon around it. In keeping with the summer theme—and to match the lemonade packets I put inside—I made a paper pieced lemon from some yellow and white cardstock and another paper from the Splash paper pad. The pieces are inked with a little Dandelion ink and lightly (okay, not as lightly as I’d planned . . .) misted with Frost Shimmer Spritz. I used a dimensional dot to attach it to the box. Then, continuing with my quest to use up all the pieces of those EP collection kits (see last month’s IHP DT challenge post), I used the small yellow letter stickers from the Springtime Collection Kit to spell out “chill out” at the top of the panel. I set the dressed up panel on the front of the box, then filled it with some lemonade packets.

The final thing I did was reinforce the hole at the top of the box. I used my Spellbinders circle dies to make a yellow cardstock ring to fit around the circle’s edge. This not only made the box a little stronger, but added a nice, final pop of color.

Be sure to check out the rest of the IHP DT’s creations for this summertime challenge. Here’s where to find them:
Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Echo Park Splash 6 x 6 paper pad and Springtime Collection kit, Spellbinders circle dies, ScorBuddy, i {stick} papers redline tape, Creative Impressions yellow glimmer ribbon, Tsukineko Memento Dandelion ink and Frost Shimmer Spritz, Zva Creative dimensional dot

other: Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

6 comments:

  1. Bravo Lori...a wonderful way to present a thirst quenching treat. Love the lemon image - makes me thirsty just looking at it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. I loveeeee the little lemon on the packet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always come up with the most creative ideas. Love this Lori!! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project, Lori! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man you are creative! Love it- off to make some myself!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips