Saturday, June 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink June Blog Hop

This month’s Papertrey Ink blog hop theme was an inspiration challenge based on this photo. The photo's striped background, along with the frilly dresses hanging from the wall, served as the elements that inspired my creation.

I was first drawn to the bold lines of color in the picture’s background, so I used that as a starting point for my card. I used Copic markers to draw bold stripes across a white cardstock panel, trying to stay in the same arrangement/sequence of colors as in the inspiration photo. In retrospect, I think I'd have been happier with a more monochromatic color grouping . . .

I used Fresh Snow ink to stamp a pair of flowers and stems from the new Daydreamer set on the striped panel. The images were covered with white embossing powder and heat embossed for extra pop. I did go back and fill in the images with my Versamark pen and additional embossing powder for a super-solid look.

After embossing, I set a white vellum panel over the piece. This softened the look a little. I stamped one of the set’s coordinating sentiments in the open space next to the flowers. The white looks so crisp on the vellum! To represent the fluffy, frilly "dress up" clothes hanging on the wall in the photo, I made a frilly triple looped bow (using my Bow Easy) from white seam binding and attached that across the top of the cardfront. This helps to hide the adhesive that holds the vellum panel in place—always a factor to consider when using vellum on a design!

Materials Used:
Daydreamer stamp set, Fresh Snow ink (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Xerox); white embossing powder (Stampin’ Up!); white vellum (The Paper Company); white seam binding; Bow Easy

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Lori! I love the bright white images and sentiments over your pretty background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, Lori! The white POPS so well on that vellum, and then softens to a dream-like quality under it--love the effect! Beautiful! Happy June Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card. the white flowers really pop against your background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE what you've done here! Agree the white is da bomb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! Love how the white flowers stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori this is SO pretty! I love that white bow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LORI, LOVE the embossed white on the bold colors! LOVE the idea of vellum with the white sentiment over top! FAB bow and clever way to hide the vellum adhesive! LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, this really is so pretty. I love the white flower and how it stands out so well against the background. Striking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This turned out wonderful! I like the idea of vellum over the top of the gradient colored piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oohh...this is GORGEOUS!! Love the white flowers atop the rainbow. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips