Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rainbow Lineup

I am having so much fun with the new Tweet Notes set from Clear and Simple Stamps! The set’s bird images and sentiments mix and match so easily. This card is inspired by both CSS’s new monthly Style Watch inspiration board challenge that Amber’s hosting on her blog and by this week’s Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger. Both inspiration photos feature a rainbow array of colors--birds for CSS and spools of thread for Moxie Fab--and that was the starting point for my clean and simple card.

I stamped the set’s large open line bird images repeatedly on white cardstock in black ink and colored them with Copic markers, then cut them out.

I knotted some hemp twine (inspired by the threads in the Tuesday Trigger photo and the birds on the lines in the CSS inspiration board photo) and attached that to the white card base, using glue dots underneath the knots to anchor it. Then I stacked the birds in “rainbow” order, using foam tape to adhere them. The set’s “let’s hang out” sentiment is stamped in black just underneath the hemp twine.

Materials Used:
Tweet Notes stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers-R12, R22, R24, R27, YR12, YR15, YR16, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y18, Y38, BG000, BG01, BG02, BG05, YG01, YG03, YG06 (Clear and Simple Stamps); hemp twine; foam tape

15 comments:

  1. so cute and love the vibrant colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute Lori :) Your rainbow of birdies is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your coloring on this card, Lori. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the watercolor look of these birds Lori! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, I love this card, love the colors and the design of it. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this!! My two favorites birds and rainbows!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card! It makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sweet birdies just make me happy :) Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Lori! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips