Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sky's the Limit

Here's a quick card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's kind of overcast outside and threatening to rain and I'm trying to get Chloe the cutie puppy to the dog park before the rain arrives later on today, so quick was exactly what I needed! My card is based on this cheery one. I used my new rainbow and cloud dies and coordinating stamp set from Lil' Inker Designs for my version of the card.

I started by die cutting the rainbow's bands from solid cardstock scraps. They're arranged on a bright green plaid paper panel. After covering them with Sugar Sparkly Fluff, I added die cut clouds at the rainbow's end, using foam tape to attach the smaller one for a layered look. Sparkly Fluff's becoming one of my favorite things to use on cloud die cuts--love the added texture and sparkle!

I stamped the "sky's the limit" sentiment under the rainbow in black ink. To fill in the empty space at the bottom of the card, I wrapped some aqua baker's twine around the patterned paper panel and secured it with a green button that matches the paper. The panel is set on a white card base for a nice, clean contrast.

Materials Used:
Rainbows and Clouds stamps and dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Tempting Turquoise, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Poppy Seeds designer mat pad (K & Company); Sugar Sparkly Fluff (Our Craft Lounge); aqua baker's twine (Divine Twine); Green with Envy button (Clear and Simple Stamps); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips