Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sorry You Caught a Bug

I was up late working on other stuff, so when I saw today's SCS featured stamper challenge posted, I thought I'd squeeze in a super quick card for the challenge before heading to bed. This cute get well card is based on this bug-themed get well card.

I kept the card's layout pretty much the same, but ended up with a few cardstock layers instead of the single layer design of the original card. The card still stayed simple and took less than 30 minutes from start to finish.

I used the little bug image from Lawn Fawn's On the Mend set, stamped repeatedly across a white cardstock strip in black ink and colored with Copic markers. The dots are added in with Enamel Accents. They're shiny and raised--love how this looks IRL!

After finishing the stamped strip, I layered it on a black panel, then on a red one before attaching it to the card. The two contrasting colors really show off the cute little bugs! I paper pierced across the top and bottom of the image panel, then stamped the matching "sorry you caught a bug" sentiment along the bottom of the card.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn On the Mend stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (R12, R22, R24, C-1, C-3, C-5), Ranger Inkssentials Enamel Accents (black)

other: white cardstock (Xerox); Real Red and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips