Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Get Glammed Up

This week’s CAS-ual Fridays challenge was to use stickers or rub ons on your project. Since I don’t have many of those, this was a real challenge for me! I finally decided to pair the fun hairdryer image from the Beauty Secrets II set from Clear and Simple Stamps with a wavy run on for a fun, girly card.

I used a layout that I’d first tried out a few weeks ago again for my card. The white card base is edged along the right side with a trio of paper strips, mixing patterns and solids as well as widths to add interest. After the papers were in place, I added the colored and cut out hairdryer image using foam tape. The red wavy rub on was placed so it looks like air coming out of the dryer (or at least it does in my mind). I curved the “get glammed up” sentiment on my clear block and stamped it around the back of the hairdryer. The final touch was a strip of clear crystals for a little added sparkle and glamour.

Materials Used:
Beauty Secrets II stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Perfect Little Black Dress, You’re Such a Gray-cious Host, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers-C00, C-1, C-3, C-5, R12, R22, R24, R27 (Clear and Simple Stamps); Stella & Rose-Hazel 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); rub on (Creative Imaginations); clear crystals (Recollections); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Fab card, love the design and the wavy air lines too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the waves and love this layout. I adore finding one that I can use over and over again and it looks different all the time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so cool,love the hairdryer image

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute - love the layout. Love the dryer sound waves. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and clever, Lori - love that lines for the air flow!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips