Saturday, July 9, 2011

MVP

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I flipped the sketch on its side to fit the cute and sporty á la mode image I used for the card.

The á la mode image is colored with Copic markers and cut out. To mix things up a bit, I paper pieced the pennant flag in her hand with a scrap of patterned paper and stamped the "MVP" sentiment from the Pure Innocence Boy and His Dog-Football set on it. I set her on a pair of layered ovals using foam tape.

I used both sides of a piece of My Mind’s Eye patterned paper for the panels on the cardfront. The center seam is hidden by a strip of orange grosgrain ribbon with a scallop edged strip slipped under one side. And, since every MVP deserves a gold star, after attaching the image panel to the cardfront, I added a gold glittered chipboard star at the top of the panel.

Materials Used:
á la mode All-Star and Pure Innocence Boy and His Dog-Football stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, and So Saffron cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); Hip-Hooray "Boy" Charming designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); petite oval dies (Spellbinders); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); gold glittered chipboard star (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips