Friday, July 8, 2011

Summery Mojo

Here’s my card for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch challenge. After being away for a few days, it’s been hard to get back into the stamping groove, but I’m hoping I’ve turned a corner now . . .

I used summery images and elements for my card, including the Chillaxin’ set from Market Street Stamps. For the image panel, I made a background from a light blue panel with a strip of torn kraft cardstock along the bottom. When it’s rubbed with a little pigment ink, the kraft takes on a sand-like look. To make a beach scene, I colored and cut out the set’s palm tree image and added a lone pair of flip flops. To represent the sketch’s star element, I used a white felt cloud layered with a yellow button “sun.” The set's "chillaxin" sentiment is stamped in turquoise on the kraft paper.

Once the scene element was completed, I assembled the rest of the card. I used a light green card base and covered a portion of it with green polka dotted paper. The scene panel extends just a little beyond the edge of the dotted panel. A strip of brightly striped paper and a pair of different width textured ribbons add a little contrast to the summery design.

Materials Used:
Chillaxin’ stamp set (Market Street Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze, and Crumb Cake cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); Candy Lane 6x6 paper pad (KaiserCraft); pink grosgrain and turquoise satin ribbons (Michaels); Vintage Cream ink, cloud die, Lemon Tart button (Papertrey Ink); yellow baker’s twine (Divine Twine); white felt; foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips