Saturday, July 30, 2011

Two Teachers

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I went for a school theme here, using the a la mode You Rule set for my card.

The a la mode girl is colored with Copic markers and cut out. She’s set on a dot embossed circle using foam tape. To keep with the teacher/school theme, I used a grid patterned paper for the tilted panel underneath the circle and an abc patterned one for the large panel layered on the aqua card base. I cut three scalloped strips to set across the cardfront and ran a strip of aqua grosgrain ribbon along the top edge of the top strip for a finished look. The “you rule” sentiment is stamped on the grid paper and a sparkly chipboard star is the finishing accent.

Materials Used:
a la modes You Rule stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, and Ocean Tides cardstock, Aqua Mist grosgrain ribbon, medium scallop edge die (Papertrey Ink); Hometown Summer designer paper (Pink Paislee); circle die (Spellbinders); Polka Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); chipboard star (Recollections); foam tape

And, while I had this set out, I figured I’d give this month’s MFT guest designer challenge a shot. This month’s challenge is to create a personalized item that you can wear. I made a fun nametag pin that would be great for a teacher to wear at the start of the school year. Of course, we have official id badges (and now I have a super-blingy badge lanyard that I got at CHA that will make my badge stand out in a crowd!), but a personalized one is nice to have.

I used the same image, once again colored and cut out. She’s cut out and set against a black panel made from chalkstock. The panel is framed with a die cut wood rectangle, open in the center so the chalkstock shows through.

I stamped my name on the panel using white pigment ink and the Banner Day Alphabet. To keep with the teacher theme, I added a sparkly gold chipboard star to the paper in the teacher's hands. A red button, tied with baker's twine, and a sparkly crayon embellishment are attached at the sides of the chalkboard as accents. All that's left is to get a pin backing to place on the back of the piece. I know I have some around here somewhere . . .

Materials Used:
a la modes You Rule and Banner Day Alphabet stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Fresh Snow ink (Papertrey Ink); black chalkstock (Canvas Corp.); rectangle dies (Spellbinders); red baker's twine (Divine Twine); red button (Michaels); glittered crayon embellishment, glittered chipboard star (Recollections); balsa wood sheet; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips