Tuesday, August 9, 2011

3d126-Mix It Up

I’m your hostess for this week’s Paper Craft Planet 3D Tuesday challenge. For this week’s challenge, I’m sharing a simple template (download it here) I created that holds several of those small beverage mix packets that you can add to your water bottle when you’re on the go. The packet hangs from the neck of the bottle. It’s quick and easy to assemble and is a fun and useful little gift during the hot summer months.

For this one, I cut the template out on green cardstock. The front panel has a piece of trendy chevron patterned paper, matted on a yellow panel for a little contrast. I stamped the “Let’s mix it up!” sentiment from the What’s Cooking set from My Favorite Things on a small yellow circle and attached that to the panel. I knotted a piece of yellow satin ribbon around the panel, just underneath the words. I found a package of fun citrus cabochons at the craft store recently—aren’t they perfect for this project? I added one of them to the top of the circle as an accent.

I used another small piece of the same chevron patterned paper to line the inside of the drink mix holder. After punching a hole in the top of the holder so it could hang from a bottle of water and adding a paper "ring" around the opening to reinforce it, all that was left was filling the holder with a few drink mix packets.

I hope you’ll join us for this week’s challenge. Upload a photo of your project to the PCP gallery with the keyword 3d126 so I can add it to the album with the rest of this week’s creations.

Materials Used:
a la modes What’s Cooking Stamp set (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Grass Green cardstock (Gina K Designs); Daffodil Delight cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Kraft Like a Rockstar Green ink (Clear and Simple Stamps); Lime Twist-Life of the Party "Happy Day" designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); YG17 marker Copic); circle punches (EK Success); circle dies (Spellbinders); citrus cabochons (Jolee’s Boutique); clear crystal (Studio 18) Lemon Tart satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Scor-Pal, ScorTape

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!! This would make a cool treat for my fellow teachers as we head back to school to get our classrooms ready! Thanks for the template =)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips