Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Around the House Group Challenge


For this month’s group post, the Clear and Simple Stamps design team has used this month's Stamp of the Month, House Notes II, to create a variety of projects that you can use around the house.

My project is a simple, small canvas, perfect for display on a side table or small shelf. I started by painting a 4x4” blank canvas with two shades of blue acrylic paint. After the paint dried, I stamped the “cushy comfy cozy” sentiment repeatedly around the edges of the canvas in black ink. CSS’s hybrid inks work beautifully over the painted surface!

To make a wallpaper-like background for my small scene, I inked one of the images from the Art Deco set in Kraft Like a Rockstar Green ink and stamped that repeatedly on the canvas. Because the canvas has a little give, I found it worked best to hold the stamp in my hand rather than on a clear block so I could apply even pressure and get a good inked impression.

Once the background was in place, I was ready to build a simple scene. I started with a piece of doily, inked around the edges with a little distress ink. I put a kraft circle at the center for some contrast, then used ModPodge to adhere it to the canvas. I paper pieced the couch image using scraps of patterned paper and set it in place on the doily “rug” using foam tape.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the CSS design team has created. Here’s where to find them:
Cristina Kowalczyk
Dana Grothaus
Kim Duran
Kim Howard
Laurie Willison
CSS Blog

Materials Used:
House Notes II and Art Deco stamp sets, Perfect Little Black Dress and Kraft Like a Rockstar Green inks, Kraft Like a Rockstar Kraft cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Stella & Rose-Gertie 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); circle die (Spellbinders); paper doily (Wilton); ModPodge; 4x4” canvas; acrylic paint; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Your canvas is beautiful love how you were able to stamp the background on it. Stamping on canvas doesn't come easy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another adorable card! I love that couch! It looks like it has so much dimension!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips