Monday, August 8, 2011

Just Scooting By

Paper Smooches has just arrived at i {heart} papers! I used one of my favorite sets, Spiffy Scooters, for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge to use glue dots or glue strips to embellish your card. The scooter's round headlights were the perfect size for covering with glue dots.

I colored the scooter with Copic markers and cut it out. After attaching glue dots to the headlights (it's a good thing I have a few different sizes in my stash!), I sprinkled on some superfine gold glitter for a light-like sparkle.

It's set on a simple scene made from a blue striped patterned paper with a strip of gray "road" across the bottom. I used dimensional dots to put the scooter out on the road. To balance out the panel, I added a pair of silver brads and the "scooting by to say hi" sentiment on a notch-edged strip. The panel is set on a green card base for a fun and cheerful look.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Spiffy Scooters stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (YG21,YG93, YG95, YG97, Y11, Y13, Y18,C-5, C-3, C-1), My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose-Hazel 6x6 paper pad, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Harvest Gold and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink), yellow gold glitter (Martha Stewart); silver brads (Making Memories); glue dots

5 comments:

  1. Glue dot headlights! So cute and what sparkle. I love the soothing colors of this fun card too Lori. Thanks for joining us at CAS_ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO love your use of glitter for the headlights--SUPER clever! The colors are so striking and sophisticated!! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori...I love your card for the challenge, green is my favorite color and your card makes me want to hop on the adorable scooter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori this is so cute! I love that sparkley little headlight! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips