Friday, August 5, 2011

Have a Kickin' Birthday

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. When I was at the CHA SuperShow in Chicago two weeks ago, I couldn’t resist picking up this new Pure Innocence Karate Boy. He looks adorable as the focal image on this week’s sketch!

I colored the Karate Boy with Copic markers and cut him out. He’s attached to the circle panel with a little foam tape. I inked the sentiment in red ink and stamped the words stacked on top of each other to fit the open space on the panel--clear stamps make this so easy to do!

I used a panel of striped paper, cut into 3 strips for the top of the card. It doesn't show well in the photo, but I promise the cardstock is in strips. Since my shoulder was still bothering me, I took the easy way out and didn't cut mats for the panels . . . For the bottom, I embossed a solid blue panel with a dot pattern. After arranging all the pieces, I stretched a piece of red twill across the card before adding the matted image panel. In the interest of keeping the card little boy-friendly, I resisted the urge to add any more stuff.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Karate Boy stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, and Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Hip-Hooray designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); Pure Poppy twill (Papertrey Ink); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips