Sunday, September 4, 2011

Catch My Drift?

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this funny card in Chris Dickinson's gallery. As soon as I saw the whimsical airborne pig on her card, I knew I wanted to remake it with the similar bear image in the Catch My Drift set from The Cat's Pajamas.

I stamped the bear and balloon image on a white oval and colored the image with Copic markers, adding a wide pale blue border around the image as Chris did on her card. The balloons are colored to coordinate with the colors of the Hey Birdie patterned papers I used for the smaller panels on the cardfront.

The colored image is set on a patterned paper panel with a subtle grid pattern. The "catch my drift" sentiment is stamped on a white strip, matted on a pink panel to set it off, then set at the bottom of the image panel, extending just a little beyond the panel's edge. I set the other two patterned paper panels on the card and wrapped the one along the card's bottom with a satin ribbon before setting the image panel on top. A little paper piercing along the upper corner of the image panel, just like in the original card, finishes things off--and just in time! I'm off to the dog park with Chloe the cutie puppy, followed by a Labor Day weekend barbeque . . .

Materials Used:
Catch My Drift stamp set, Neenah white cardstock (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Hibiscus Burst cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Kiwi Kiss cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hey Birdie 6x6 paper pad (KaiserCraft); petite oval die (Spellbinders); pink satin ribbon (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips