Thursday, September 8, 2011

Challenges by AR: Something Sporty

I’m the host for the latest challenge at Challenges by AR. I asked the team to create “Something Sporty” using Adela’s templates.

Here’s my creation using images from Clear and Simple Stamps. I made a gift ensemble that would be perfect to give to a coach at the end of a team’s season. I started by making the Pillow Box Hanger template from kraft cardstock. Since I used cardstock instead of patterned paper for the template, I made an insert for the inside from some star patterned paper.

I used the same patterned paper on the front of the pillow box and added some stamped accents using the Alpha Varsity and MVP stamp sets. The template’s the perfect size to hold a few tiny gifts—in this case, an energy bar, some energy drink mix packets, and a whistle. There’s still room to squeeze in a gift card, too.

I made a matching card to go along with the pillow box. To tie the pieces together, I used the same colors and embellishments, including the twill tape and the whistle image. The sentiment says, “Thank you for a great season.”

You can check out the rest of the Challenges by AR team’s creations and all of the challenge details here. I hope you'll play along with us and create a shaped card or 3D item for the challenge--one of Adela's fabulous templates is up for grabs!

Materials Used:
Pillow Box Hanger template (Creations by AR); Alpha Varsity and MVP stamp sets, Perfect Little Black Dress and You’re Such a Gray-cious Host inks, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Kraft Like a Rockstar, and A Blanc Check cardstock, A Blanc Check twill (Clear and Simple Stamps); Sports Edition II-Circle Tags designer paper (Teresa Collins); silver brads (Making Memories); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape

7 comments:

  1. Lori, I LOVE the set you made using the Hanging Pillow Box with a matching card! What a great treat for a sports fan! Thanks for such a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute gift and card. Love the whistle stamp and whistle that you added. Thanks for the 'sporty' challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set! Love the hanging pillow box and the whistle is perfect as an accessory on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Lori! \thanks for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute sport gift set - perfect coach gift for the end of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori I just love your style...you're a natural!!!! I have CAS envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori.. Thanks for the sporty challenge it was fun work with the templates and make something different... yours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips