Friday, September 9, 2011

Let Your Hair Down-Again

I combined this week’s CPS sketch with this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge to use office supplies to make this fun Halloween card. Right now, this is the only Kraftin’ Kimmie Halloween image I have, but I just ordered some of the new Moonlight Whispers Halloween images, so it won’t be for long!

I based my card on the colors in the dotted My Mind’s Eye paper I used to cover most of the cardfront. Zelda the Zombie was colored with Copic markers and cut out, then set on the avocado panel with foam tape. Instead of slipping half of the circle panel behind the long avocado one, I made the circle into a moon to go along with my card’s theme. The circle is embossed with a dot pattern and sprayed with a little shimmer spray.

I went with my favorite dot/stripe paper combination, placing a striped orange panel along the bottom of the cardfront for contrast. The “let your hair down” sentiment from the Rapunzel set is set on the card, overlapping both the green and striped panels. I used some staples to secure it to the card—they’re a perfect match for the look of the mummy image, aren’t they?

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Zelda the Zombie and Rapunzel images (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Frost Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Harvest Gold and Ripe Avocado cardstock (Papertrey Ink); circle die (Spellbinders); Boo to You Collection Kit (My Mind’s Eye); Dots & Stripes designer paper (Echo Park); foam tape; staples

2 comments:

  1. SO awesome Lori!! Love the bright colours and of course that moon is perfect!!! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips