Thursday, September 8, 2011

Go Team

It’s been a while since I played along with one of Papertrey Ink’s Make it Monday challenges, so when I saw this week’s video and challenge to use no-background stamps to make a background, I thought I’d play along. I made this sports-themed card in no time at all!

I used the football image from the Have a Ball set to make a background panel. I stamped the image repeatedly in brown ink on a kraft panel, then used some distress ink along the edges, followed by a few swipes of my cream ink pad to add depth and interest. After layering the stamped panel on a red mat, I machine stitched along the edges.

I used PTI’s banner dies to create a coordinating 3 panel banner to stretch across the top left corner of the card with Pure Poppy baker’s twine. To set the “go team” sentiment apart from the rest of the card, I attached a strip of brown twill underneath it and embellished it with a wood button. Just enough for a masculine card!

Materials Used:
All-Star Team and Have a Ball stamp sets, Vintage Cream ink, Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, and Kraft cardstock, Banner Builder Collection dies, Pure Poppy baker’s twine, twine, wood button (Papertrey Ink); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); brown twill (Martha Stewart); Vintage Photo distress ink (Ranger); sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. This is a great masculine card , I love the football theme and can't wait. First game tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful masculine card. The banner is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea Lori, perfect for the start of football season!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips