Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away

Today is day two of pretty constant rain, so it’s only fitting that rain makes an appearance in my crafting. I used the Wet Puddle set from The Cat’s Pajamas along with my approximations for this week’s Color Throwdown colors--Island Indigo, Peach Parfait, Basic Gray, and Light Gray--for this rain-inspired card.

I colored the little puddle jumper with Copic markers and cut the image out. It’s set on a gray striped panel with a pair of felt rain clouds, cut from TCP’s Cloud Border CutUps die. I used my sewing machine to stitch a little “rain” coming down from the clouds and added in a few scattered pearl raindrops for fun.

After matting the striped paper on a dark gray panel and attaching it to the blue card base, I added a peach strip across the panel. The "rain, rain, go away" sentiment is stamped on the strip in gray ink and accented with a little orange baker's twine. The colored image is set in place over the sentiment strip using foam tape.

The final touch was some Glossy Accents on the boots to make them shiny. I’ve seen lots of cool brightly patterned rainboots like these recently, but I just can’t justify buying myself a pair, even though they keep catching my eye. If it keeps raining like it has been, I may just cave in!

Materials Used:
Wet Puddle stamp set, Neenah white cardstock, CutUps Cloud Border die, Divine Twine orange baker's twine (The Cat’s Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Basic Gray Classic ink, Basic Gray and Not Quite Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Mango cardstock (Gina K Designs); Dots & Stripes-Metropolitan designer paper (Echo Park); self-adhesive pearls (Zva Creative); Glossy Accents (Ranger); white felt; sewing machine; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Those raindrops are sooo clever, Lori. I think that you just may have started a new trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is so, so cute, Lori! I LOVE how you made the raindrops! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! I love the stitching and tiny pearl raindrops! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips