Thursday, September 1, 2011

Introducing Alpha Varsity

It’s time to introduce the September Stamp of the Month from Clear & Simple Stamps. This month’s set is Alpha Varsity—a fun block print alphabet that’s perfect for all of your school and sports themed projects.

Today, I’m making the letters the focus on my project. When I first saw the set, alphabet building blocks came to mind. I worked off that to come up with an idea for a simple to make keychain. The keychain started with ¾” square blocks. A hole was drilled from end to end through the center of each block (thanks, Dad!). I painted the blocks with a light blue acrylic paint and stamped each block with a letter from the Alpha Varsity set in Party Teal Dawn ink. After attaching a small square of patterned paper to the “blank” sides of each block, I covered the blocks with a coating of ModPodge to seal them.

Once the blocks were dry, I assembled the keychain by threading some silver beads and spacers on a wire, followed by the letter blocks. I added a keychain finding at the top, securing it by looping the wire at the end.

I’ll have more samples featuring images from this set throughout the month. In the meantime, be sure to visit the rest of the CSS design team to see what they’ve created using the Alpha Varsity stamp set. Here’s where to find them:
Amber Daigre
Cristina Kowalczyk
Dana Grothaus
Kim Duran
Kim Howard
Laurie Willison
CSS Blog

Materials Used: Alpha Varsity stamp set, Party Teal Dawn ink (Clear and Simple Stamps); Lime Twist-Happy Go Lucky 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); ModPodge; wooden blocks; acrylic paint; silver wire; beads; keychain finding

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips